Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cleanse

(November 11th)

Wow, I'm really not doing too good with the whole posting every day thing. Hahaha. Hopefully I will improve over time.

For breakfast this morning I had a glass of POM Wonderful juice.





Accompanying the juice was a blueberry bagel with almond butter and strawberry jam. We still haven't used up all of the bagels Matt bought. I think it's going to take a while. We have 3 bags left...



With breakfast I also started a 7 day cleanse. I have never done a detox cleanse before. Matt is always trying out new supplements and was interested in a detox. We stopped into a local health food store and got two of these. They're called Herbal Cleanse. You take two colon cleanse pills 15 minutes before breakfast and supper and then 2 multi-system cleanse pills during breakfast and supper. I'm not really sure what to expect during the cleanse but when it's done I'll definitely let you know if I feel any different/better.



Have you taken a cleanse before? How did it go?

My first snack was a cup of tea and yogurt with blueberries and granola. This seems to be a regular in my diet. :)





Lunch was left over chili. This was the second last serving. Our slow cooker is so big that the chili lasts days! Even though I've had it multiple times in the past week I wouldn't say I'm sick of it. I'm glad it's gone though ;)



In the afternoon I snacked on a honey crisp apple with some cheddar cheese. I LOVE this combo!! No body I know though likes putting the two together. I used to have peanut butter with my apples but too much of a good thing is bad. Why not eat the apple alone you ask? I find if I don't have something with it or eat something directly afterward then the acidity of the apple bothers my stomach.





As the chili was all gone and I'm kind of getting sick of bagels I decided to mix it up for dinner. We've had chicken breast in the freezer for a while so I thawed those, cut them up and sauteed them with evoo, fresh squeezed lime juice and some powdered dill. On the side I steamed some mixed, frozen veggies and made lemon spinach cous cous. I added a can of chick peas (drained) to the cous cous with some chopped up water chestnuts on top.










All in all it was very yummy, very filling and I even had some leftover for lunch tomorrow :)

Before bed I was really getting hungry so I settled for a bowl of cereal.


I'm really interested to hear if any of you have taken a cleanse before. Let me know how it went and if you have any tips/suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment